Planmeca Promax 3D
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) has quickly become the standard of care for complicated extractions, implant treatment planning, and diagnosis and for the fabrication of surgical guides used to surgically place implants. In the future, CBCT may become the standard of care for orthodontic assessment, Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ) analysis, endodontic treatment and periodontal assessments.
With Planmeca PROMAX® 3D, dentists can improve the accuracy of diagnosis and treatment while reducing the radiation exposure for patients and healthcare workers.
ONLY Planmeca’s clinically verified(1) Ultra Low Dose (ULD) protocol can allow for routine CBCT imaging for every patient, reducing radiation dose by 77% without a statistical reduction in image quality. With Planmeca’s technology, you can have 3D diagnostic images with less radiation than a typical Periapical X-ray. This opens a new realm of opportunities.
Our goal is to minimize exposure to radiation for patients, especially for children.
Advantages of CBCT:
- Anatomy can be viewed more precisely without magnification in a 1:1 image ratio
- Accurate identification and display of anatomy, such as the inferior alveolar nerve, can be reviewed prior to invasive surgical procedures, such as implants
- The pathological assessment of disease can be viewed more accurately
- The manufacturing of surgical guides is more accurate due to no magnification
- Compared to medical CT scans, dental CBCT is a method of acquiring the most information using a much lower dose of radiation